Saturday, December 20, 2008

Farewell El Olivar


After more than two weeks for me and a week for Rachel it was time to leave the Olivar family in peace. We had a lovely last few days which included me cooking a curry for everyone, a traditional meal eaten outside off banana leaves, photos at the children´s project, a local wedding and Rachel finishing all her Dominican Republic work. Our last night was the first night of the Catholic Novenas where we were the guests of honour and Eduardo sang with his guitar. Rachel and I then had to embarrassingly sing Silent Night which everyone said they liked but not as much as my solo of away in a manger (cringe). Hopefully we will meet up with the family again either in Colombia or England.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you had a lovely time!

I was very moved by Simon's perception about Colombia whilst you were away.

Have a lovely Christmas (if I don't have the opportunity to talk to you before)

Andrea
XXX