Wednesday, April 1, 2009

More car spotting

I just can't help but be fascinated by cars in foreign countries. In Bolivia, when it comes to cars from the last 20 years, the Far East rules supreme. It's all Nissan, Toyota, Mitsubishi, Kia, Mazda... However, look at the older cars on the road and Volkswagen is king.  There are Beatles aplenty, many of them in excellent condition. But of more interest to me was the bizarre car I kept spotting and initially mistaking for some kind of Eastern European import. The car was in fact a Volkswagen Brasilia, which I had never heard of before arriving in Bolivia.
A pair of smart, white VW Beatles
A Beatle and a VW Gol, more like an English Polo Coupe
The Volkswagen Brasilia. There are thousands of these on the roads of La Paz. I quite like them.

No comments: